Summer is here, but there’s still time to whip your tummy into shape. Follow our guide on how to get a six pack and you’ll be beach ready in no time.
Are you aware that 19% of the US population engages in sports every day? If you’re planning to hit the gym or feel a little out of shape, you’re not alone.
The statistics suggest that the majority of men are obese.
Summertime is around the corner where shirts go off. Do you ever wonder how showing off your six-pack feels? You don’t have to. You too can get that sexy body.
Read this article to explore how to get a six pack.
Table of Contents
It can be confusing which exercise is for what? With all kinds of advice on how to get a six pack, make sure to choose the correct tasks. Crunch exercises work on your upper and lower abs.
There are several types of crunch exercises to choose from. Each of the crunch routines works differently but helps in muscle building.
You should alternate the various crunch exercises. It helps avoid strains and make the routine fun. They include;
- Basic crunches
- Reverse crunches
- Vertical leg crunches
- Double crunches
- Long arm crunch exercise and bicycle crunches
Wondering what benefits underlie crunch exercises?
- Crunch exercises strengthen abdominal muscles. It’s the strong muscles that improve your posture.
- Helps in burning calories
- It engages oblique muscles that run down the sides of the torso
If you try crunch exercises, you’ll feel their effect.
Note: Crunch exercises if done wrong, can cause injury. Learn how to correctly do crunch exercises or get a professional to guide you.
Plank Exercises for Six Pack Abs
Majority of people do the plank exercises wrong. However, if planking is put to effect moderately, it can work magic for you with your abs.
So, why, planks?
Planks work the core. It involves a wide range of muscles like the rectus abdominis, transverse abdominis, internal and external abdominal oblique.
Besides, this exercise is a full body workout routine.
Planking appears simple and easy to perform. However, don’t be deceived. This is not to scare you. Although they may seem relatively hard, they have a ripple effect getting the six pack.
So, how do you do planks to welcome six pack abs?
- Balance your spine in a straight line, from head to toe
- Involve the glutes
- Tighten your abs
- Maintain elbows directly beneath your shoulders
- Maintain the posture for 30 to 60 seconds
There are several types of planks like standard, side, one leg, and plank with legs elevated. Plank and crunch exercises will help you get the six-pack in time.
Develop a Safe and Effective Routine
Too much or little exercises may not get you there.
Are you excited to begin the exercise routine and achieve results fast?
In the beginning, it’s common to be over ambitious or desperate for the killer body. Don’t be deceived, that change can happen in 2 days. If you spend too much time working out, it could cost your heart health.
Research suggests that too much exercise is harmful to your heart health. You don’t want such health liabilities, right?
Develop a safe and effective routine that’ll bring results but not at the cost of your health.
With this in mind, you must be wondering what the safe exercise routine entails.
- Warm up and cool down: At the beginning of your workout routine, warm up with exercises like jogging, skipping rope, and jumping jacks, among others. After the warm-up, rest to help muscles recover.
- Alternate crunches and planks exercise routine: Your workout plan should consist of a variety of exercises like jogging, plank, and crunches.
- Make the abs routine three or four times a week.
- Include cardio exercises. Cardio exercises help burn belly fat.
Note: It’s vital to have your exercise routine professional guide you. It helps avoid the guesswork of moderate exercise.
Learn more on how to do exercises correctly to avoid injuries.
Increase Protein Intake
When you hear six-pack, the thing that rings in your mind is heavy routines of exercise. Exercises are valuable. However, if not matched with a quality diet, you can suffer significant health complications.
You don’t want that. High protein concentrated foods should be a part of your diet.
Wondering why proteins or the value? The value of high protein intake is scientifically proven.
- It supports muscle growth
- Helps heal the muscle and avoid loss of lean mass
Acquiring high protein meals is not rocket science. There’s a wide range of both animal and plant foods and supplements that contain proteins. Take the right quantities to meet the target goal.
So, which meals are ideal sources of high protein contents?
- Animal food products: Meat, fish, dairy, and poultry are quality sources of protein.
- Food-based products: Nuts, beans, legumes, and soy are a great source of proteins.
- Protein Shakes: If you’re not a foodie, your options are not narrow. Protein smoothies work the magic with reaching the protein target goal.
- Protein Powders: Whey protein, casein protein, egg protein, soy, rice, and pea protein are excellent sources of protein.
In all aspects of health promotion, water is fundamental. In muscle building, it helps achieve waste removal and regulate body temperature.
Remain hydrated in the course of developing the six pack abs. You must wonder what benefits culminate in hydration?
- Hydration bump up your metabolism rates
- Facilitates the burning of extra fat
- Increases body energy expenditure
- Helps reduce your appetite and increase weight loss
Hydration plays a key role in developing those Abs, make sure to remain hydrated.
Note: Water requirement levels vary. Factors like age, body weight, and activity levels create varying demands in hydration. Consult on the quantity of water that matches your needs.
Still Wondering How to Get a Six Pack?
Everywhere you turn on the internet, there’s a promise on how to get six cubes. The fake promise of getting the abs overnight is unrealistic.
You need regular exercises and a healthy diet to achieve that body. Create an Abs workout routine and match it with energy giving food to deliver results.
Don’t stress yourself on how to get a six pack or build that killer body. We’ve got you covered in our blog. Was this article helpful? Contact us for more of our health and fitness tips.